Postgraduate Student Conference 2012 “The Impact of Educational Research Methods on Developing the Postgraduate Researcher.” (Thursday 2nd & Friday 3rd August 2012)
This conference, to be held at The University of Manchester, aims to explore new trends in educational research across disciplines and examine its impact on policy, teaching and learning. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in training on topics such as research methods and digital networking,and attend talks by alumni who will discuss theirexperiences of completing their PhD.
Call for papers
Papers and posters are welcomed on any contemporary social, political, economic or professionally based research in education, including but not limited to the following:
- Quantitative, Qualitative or Mixed methods used in educational research and professional development that contribute to change in policy, teaching and/or learning
- Ethical considerations in research
- Research in progress (i.e. current working papers and/or assignments, methodological issues/struggles, current findings, ongoing developments, etc.)
- The experiences of completing a PhD or a professional doctorate (i.e. planning, data collection, writing, viva.)
Abstracts of no more than 300 words (including any references) should be sent to email@example.com . The abstract text should be appear in single space 12pt Arial, and the author’s name, affiliation, email address and any additional information (e.g. Twitter account, website, blog), as well as a list of key words, should appear on a separate page. Abstracts should be saved as .doc / .docx (i.e. MS-Word) files.
- Deadline for submission: 15th June 2012
- Notification of acceptance: 29 June 2012
- Registration deadline: 13 July 2012.
- Conference dates: 2 & 3 August 2012
More information about the conference can be found by downloading the conference flyer, following the PGR blog and Twitter account (@PGRSchoolofEd, conference hashtag: #impact2012) or contacting the conference coordinators Andrew Davies and Eljee Javier on firstname.lastname@example.org.