3rd International Conference on Second Language Pedagogies
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
1-2 February 2014
The 3rd International Conference on Second Language Pedagogies, which will be organised by the University of Toronto, Mississauga (Ontario, Canada) aims to explore innovative and effective didactic strategies and theories that aim to improve second language learners’ proficiency and accuracy in current post-secondary educational settings.
Keynote Speakers include Prof. Tom Cobb (Université du Québec à Montréal) and Prof. Larry Vandergrift (University of Ottawa)
Proposals are invited for papers, panels or workshops on the following topics:
- Technology for and in the language classroom: hybrid courses, flipped classrooms, on-line resources, social media, etc.
- Today’s classroom realities and challenges: large classes, varied L1s, etc.
- Keeping students motivated and engaged: practices for reinvigorating the language classroom, current research and trends in teaching and learning, etc.
- New evaluation/assessment methods: designing new assessment tools, oral and written corrective feedback (formative vs. summative; direct vs. indirect; specific vs. general; peer vs. instructor, etc.)
- Experiential learning: study abroad, service learning, intensive research experiences, etc.
Interested participants should submit an abstract (300 words) through the conference website, by 30th September 2013. Notification of acceptance will be given by 2nd December 2013.
Image credit: adikos @ flickr | CC BY.