A great post by Eugenia Loras, answering the following questions:
- At what age should a child start an additional language?
- How frequently should the child be exposed to the additional language?
- Will the child get confused?
- Should a parent speak to the child in the additional language?
- Should the new language start when they start learning it at school?
- Is there something more we must do as parents and / or teachers?
This post is a summary of my talk on ‘A factual account of bilingualism and multilingualism in our personal and professional lives’ during our 1st International Loras Workshop in Zug, Switzerland.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
We would like to thank all those who were present at our 1st International Workshop on Sunday, 22 September 2013. We would also like to thank all those who were not able to attend but supported us online, offline or any other way possible, sending a wish or a kind word. We greatly appreciated the presence and support of our exceptional speakers, Dr MA Sipra, Mr Alex Rawlings and Ms Claudia Buzzoni. Our friends and family deserve a huge thank you for all their support throughout our personal and professional lives.
The theme of the year at this workshop was ‘Bilingualism and Multilingualism in Families and Language Learning’. We decided to start off our…
View original post 893 more words