7th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca
Athens, 4-6 September 2014
- Collecting ELF Corpora and Describing ELF
- The Sociolinguistics of ELF
- ELF and Multilingualism
- ELF and Language Policy
- ELF and Intercultural Communication
- ELF and Language Education
- Contact Languages and ELF
- ELF Assessment and Evaluation
- ELF Learners
- ELF and Translation/Interpretation
- ELF and Writing
The keynote speakers of the conference are:
- Henry Widdowson, University of Vienna, Austria
- Elana Shohamy, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Maria Grazia Guido, University of Salento, Italy
- Nicos Sifakis, Hellenic Open University, Greece
In addition, a doctoral workshop will be facilitated by Henry Widdowson and Barbara Seidlhofer, and Jennifer Jenkins and Anna Mauranen will organise a workshop focussing on ELF in Higher Education.
Call for papers
Proposals are invited for paper presentations (30 minutes, including discussion), with a focus on theory, research or practice, and posters. Interested participants are requested to electronically submit a 250-300 word abstract by 1st March 2014. Detailed information regarding the formatting of abstracts can be found here. Information pertaining to the evaluation of the proposals can be found here.
Papers which report on PhD research will be considered for inclusion at the doctoral workshop. All paper presentations will be published in the ELF7 electronic Conference Proceedings Book, and a small number of papers will be selected for publication in an edited collection.
- Abstract submission deadline:
1st March 20147 April 2014
- Notification of acceptance: end of May 2014
- Registration deadline for authors: 30th June 2014
- Early registration deadline: 30th June 2014
- Registration deadline: 28th August 2014
- On-site registration opens: 28th August 2014
- Full paper submission: 30th November 2014
Early registration is encouraged, and there will be a surcharge on the regular fee for registrations completed from 28th August 2014 onwards. Discounted fees are available for student participants, on receipt of a proof of student status. According to conference organisers, a student status will be confirmed by means of “an official letter written in English by a Supervisor, the Department Head of the University or a Dean on an official University letterhead”.
| Registration Category
|| Early fee
| Regular fee
| On-site fee
|Full Delegate||€ 230.00||€ 280.00||€ 320.00|
|Student||€ 100.00||€ 150.00||€ 170.00|
Additional details regarding registration, payment methods, and cancellation policy can be accessed here.