The 10th Brno Conference of English, American and Canadian Studies, which is organised by The Department of English and American Studies, Masaryk University, Brno and The Czech Association for the Study of English (CZASE) is to be held on 5-7 February 2015, in Brno (Czech Republic).
The scope of the conference is described as follows:
Texts and other sites of meaning – verbal, visual, multimodal – are the common ground in the various disciplines of anglophone studies. There are multiple agents involved in the production of meaning: authors/speakers, recipients/audiences, and the scholar. Each of these actors is involved in the process of creating, shaping, and signifying in their own, specific manner. This conference seeks to explore the manifestations of these processes in diverse contexts and from various perspectives.
- Prof. Aritha van Herk (University of Calgary, Canada)
- Prof. Eija Ventola (Aalto University, Finland)
- Prof. Anthony Pym (Rovira i Virgili University, Spain)
- Prof. Udo Hebel (University of Regensburg, Germany)
Call for papers
Proposals are invited for 20-minute presentations in the fields of:
* literature * linguistics * cultural studies *
* translation studies * ELT methodology *
Prospective speakers are requested to submit an abstracts (150 – 250 words) via a web form on the conference website by 30 July 2014. Notification of acceptance will be provided by 1 September 2014.
The conference organisers can be contacted at the following email address: