The International Symposium of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics (ISTAL) is a biannual event that is organised by the Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics of the English Language and Literature Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Next year’s symposium will take place on 24th-26th April 2015.
Invited speakers include:
- James M. Scobbie (Queen Margaret University)
- Ilse Depraetere (Université de Lille III)
- Jeanine Treffers-Daller (University of Reading)
- Spiros A. Moschonas (University of Athens)
- Christina Gitsaki (United Arab Emirates University)
- Lorna Carson (Trinity College Dublin)
The symposium organisers are inviting one-page abstracts are invited for talks (20 minute presentation, followed by 10 minute discussion) on any aspect of theoretical and applied linguistics, in English or in Greek. These should be submitted electronically via easyabs by 20th December 2014. Notification of acceptance will be given by 31st January 2015, and accepted speakers should register by 24th February 2015.
The registration fee, which includes attendance of ISTAL 22 (including all workshops), coffee breaks, a conference bag and certificate of attendance, is 60€. Students pay a reduced fee of 20€.