Kostoulas, A. (in preparation). A School as a Complex System. Frankfurt: Peter Lang
- This monograph draws on data from my PhD thesis, with a substantially revised analysis. Using a language school as an example, it shows how Complex Dynamic Systems can be described in TESOL, and how such a conceptualisation can help us to understand phenomena in language teaching and learning.
- To appear in late 2017 / early 2018.
Mercer, S. and Kostoulas, A. (eds) (in press). Teacher Psychology in Second Language Acquisition. Clevendon, UK: Multilingual Matters.
- To appear in late 2017.
Kostoulas, A. and Mercer, S. (eds) (2016). Fifteen years of research on the self in System (Virtual Special Issue). System.
- This is a collection of articles on the self and identity, which appeared in System, between 2000 (when Bonnie Norton’s seminal book Identity and Language Learning) was published and 2015.
- The introductory article, which surveys the field, can be accessed here (paywall). You can also view a short video in TESOLacademic where I talk about the article.
Kostoulas, A. (2014). A complex systems perspective on English Language Teaching: a case study of a language school in Greece. PhD thesis, The University of Manchester.
- The British Library EThOS listing of the thesis is here.
- A copy of my thesis can be downloaded from eScholar, the University of Manchester institutional repository.
Van Hiele, P. (2011). Δομή και διορατικότητα. Μια θεωρία για τη μαθηματική εκπαίδευση. / Structure and Insight: a theory of mathematics education (A. Kostoulas, transl., E. Koleza, ed.). Athens: Liberal Books.
- This book was translated under contract in 2001.
- ISBN 960-99459-5-3 ; ISBN 13: 978-960-99459-5-0.
- Copies of the book can be purchased here and here.
- To date, the book has been reviewed by TO VIMA.
Kostoulas, A. (2007). Dynamics impacting ELT learning materials in the Greek context: a complexity perspective. Manchester: The University of Manchester.
- Reading copies can be procured from the John Rylands University of Manchester Library (listing)
- The WorldCat listing of this dissertation can be accessed here.
Image Credit: © Anna Creech (eclecticlibrarian@flickr) | CC BY-NC-SA