This is a post advertising a linguistics conference that took place in St. Petersburg in 2013. Its content is no longer current and it is retained here for archival purposes only. If you are interested in receiving updates for similar academic events, you may want to consider subscribing to this blog.
“Corpus Linguistics – 2013”
St. Petersburg (25-27 June 2013)
The Department of Mathematical Linguistics, Faculty of Philology of the St. Petersburg State University, the Institute for Linguistic Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the Department of Applied Linguistics, Faculty of Philology of the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia will be organising an international conference on “Corpus Linguistics – 2013”in St. Petersburg, from the 25th to 27th June 2013.
Theoretical and practically-oriented papers are invite on the following topics:
- Theoretical issues of corpus linguistics
- Models of data organization in corpora
- Standards in corpus linguistics
- Tools for corpora development and use
- Morphological analysis and annotation of texts in corpora
- Semantic analysis and annotation of texts in corpora
- Syntactic analysis and annotation of texts in corpora
- Specialized corpora
- Parallel corpora, automatic terminology extraction and machine translation
- Spoken corpora
- Text corpora and formal ontologies, thesauri, databases
Interested participants are requested to submit abstracts in English or Russian by 15 April 2013, using the online form (link no longer active) provided. Notification of acceptance will be given by 1 May 2013, and full (camera-ready) papers are expected by 10 May 2013. Submission guidelines are provided here (link no longer active) .
Registration fees have been set as follows (figures in brackets refer to early registration, by 10 May 2013):
- Citizens of the Russian Federation: 3000 rub. (2000 rub.)
- Citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States: 4000 rub. (2500 rub.)
- Foreign participants 6000 rub. / 150 Euro (4000 rub. / 100 Euro)
Additional details about the conference can be found in the conference website (link no longer active) .