During my tenure at the Department of English Studies at the University of Graz, I was responsible for multiple ad hoc administrative duties, in addition to the following:
- organising the Language Education Across Borders international conference (December 2016-December 2017)
- assistance in the preparation of the five-year review of the ELT Research and Methodology section (January – February 2017)
- assistance in promoting the online visibility of the International Association for the Psychology of Language Learning (e.g., website design, content creation) (December 2015 – May 2017)
During my tenure at the University of Ioannina 2nd Model-Experimental School, I was responsible for the development of the following policy documents:
Service to the academic community
- Associate editor of Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching (2018-2019).
- Member of the editorial board of Journal of English as an International Language and Journal of Teaching English for Specific and Academic Purposes.
- External reviewer for academic journals including: Arbeiten aus Anglistik und Amerikanistik (AAA), Journal of Applied Language Studies (Apples), Educational Action Research, English Language Overseas Perspectives & Enquiries (ELOPE), Innovations in Language Learning and Teaching, International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, International Journal of Multilingualism, Journal of Psycholinguistic Research, Language, Interaction, and Acquisition, System, TESOL Journal, TESOL Quarterly, Teaching and Teacher Education, Theory and Practice of SLA, and The Modern Language Journal (see also my Publons profile for an up-to-date list of reviewing activity).
- I coordinated peer review for Language Education Across Borders international conference (Graz, 2017).
- I provided peer review for the 2017 Annual conference of the British Association of Applied Linguistics and TESOL 2020.
- I was invited to provide peer review for the following monographs: (a) Gkonou, C. & Mercer, S. (2017). Understanding Emotional and Social Intelligence among English Language Teachers. London: British Council. (b) parts of: Ahmadian, M. J. & García Mayo M. P. (eds) (2015). Recent Perspectives on Task-based Language Learning and Teaching. Amsterdam: De Gruyter Mouton. (c) parts of: Kayi-Aydar, H. et al. (eds) (2019). Theorizing and Analyzing Language Teacher Agency. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.
- I have provided peer review for funding agencies, including the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships and Ernst Mach Stipendien.
Outreach to the professional community & knowledge transfer
- I organised a series of webinars for professional development of language teachers, which can be accessed from the University of Graz podcast portal.
- External reviewer for professional journals, including: Aspects Today, the journal of the Panhellenic [i.e. Greek National] Association of State School Teachers of English (ΠΕΚΑΔΕ).
Featured Image Credit: Inside view of the Administration Building, U. of Notre Dame, by Dan Dzurisin | CC BY-NC-ND