The 2014 Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain (LAGB 2014) will take place in The Queen’s College, University of Oxford, on 1-5 September 2014.
The following lectures and workshops have been scheduled:
- Henry Sweet Lecture: The semantics of embedding and the syntax of the left periphery (Angelika Kratzer, University of Massachusetts Amherst);
- Linguistics Association Lecture: Generalizing phonological patterns with phonetic and featural biases (Adam Albright, MIT)
- Workshop on the semantics of embedding and the syntax of the left periphery (Angelika Kratzer and David Adger)
- Workshop on learning biases in natural and artificial language acquisition (Adam Albright and Andrew Nevins)
- Themed sessions convened by members
- Language tutorial on Armenian (Bert Vaux, Cambridge)
- Postgraduate Summer School
- Education session focussing on grammar teaching
Call for papers
Proposals are invited for individual papers, themed sessions and posters on any topic of linguistics. Detailed instructions for abstract preparation can be found on the conference website. The deadline for submission is 11 April 2014. All papers are to be double-blind peer-reviewed, and notification of acceptance will be given in May.