The 10th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting (IPCITI 2014) will be held on 29th-31st of October 2014 in Manchester, UK. The theme of this year’s conference is Intersect, Innovate, Interact: New Directions in Translation and Interpreting Studies.
The IPCITI Conference is co-rganised by Dublin City University, Heriot-Watt University, the University of Edinburgh and the University of Manchester. According to the organisers:
This year’s conference will engage with existing and new perspectives and interactions within and beyond Translation and Interpreting studies that are shaping the future of the discipline.
Keynote speakers include: Prof. Barbara Moser-Mercer (Université de Genève) and Dr. Sue-Ann Harding (Hamad Bin Khalifa University). Workshops will be organised by Dr. Rebecca Tipton (University of Manchester) and Dr. Gabriela Saldanha (University of Birmingham).
Call for papers
Abstracts are invited for posters and papers (20 minutes, plus 10 minute discussion) addressing the conference themes. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Intersect: How can translation and interpreting relate to disciplines like Intercultural Studies, Sociology and Politics, Media and Visual Studies, Science and Technology, Gender and Sexuality Studies?
- Innovate: How does translation and interpreting engage with new media and technologies, new theoretical frameworks, new methodological approaches and new challenges?
- Interact: What are the modes of interaction that develop between Professional translators/ interpreters and volunteers , academics and translators/interpreters, the translator/interpreter and the ‘self’?
Abstracts (300 words maximum) should include the presenter’s name, affiliation, academic status and year of study; the title of the paper to be presented; three keywords; an indication of the theoretical framework and/or research methodology to be used; and a brief summary of outcomes (or expected outcomes).
The abstracts are to be submitted by Wednesday 30th April 2014 to abstracts.ipciti2014[at]gmail[dot]com .
- Submission deadline: 30 April 2014
- Notification of acceptance: 4 July 2014
- Registration deadline: 26 September 2014