The Department of English Studies, Faculty of Pedagogy and Fine Arts, Adam Mickiewicz University, Kalisz, Poland and the Institute of Modern Languages, State School of Higher Professional Education, Konin, Poland are organising the “Autonomy in Language Learning and Teaching” conference which will take place in Konin, Poland, between 12 and 14 May 2014.
Contributions, in English or Polish, are invited focussing on any of the topics listed below:
- Ways of fostering autonomy in different age groups and at different educational levels, both inside and outside an educational setting
- Evaluation of various techniques and strategies that can be employed with the purpose of developing learner autonomy as well as examples of their practical application
- Developing resources serving the purpose of promoting learner autonomy
- Using information and computer technologies to develop learner autonomy
- Strategy training and the development of learner autonomy
- Learner autonomy, learning strategies and teaching various foreign language skills and subsystems
- Language policies of the Council of Europe and the development of autonomy
- Interdependence of learner and teacher autonomy
- Individual differences and the development of autonomy
- Methodology of research on learner autonomy
Abstracts of proposed papers, workshops and posters (200-300 words) should be electronically submitted to autonomykonin2014[at]gmail[dot]com by March 30, 2014. The authors’ title, name, affiliation, email address should be included in the abstract along with a short (60-80 words) biographical note. Notification of acceptance will be sent by April 10, 2014. Selected papers will be published in a peer-reviewed volume, and the journals Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching, and Konin Language Studies.
Image Credit: eye/see @ flickr | CC BY-NC-ND