Update: This is a post advertising an academic event or publication opportunity in the past. The content of the post is no longer current, and it is retained here for archival purposes only. You can find more up-to-date information about upcoming events and publications by clicking on the button below. You may also want to consider subscribing to this blog, where I post about language education, research methods and academic writing.
The “Language Learning Strategies: Challenges for the Future” conference, organised by the Department of English Studies, Faculty of Pedagogy and Fine Arts, Adam Mickiewicz University, Kalisz, Poland and the Institute of Modern Languages, State School of Higher Professional Education, Konin, Poland, will take place on the 4th and 5th of June 2014.
The conference will focus on the role of language learning strategies in second and foreign language learning, and keynote addresses will be delivered by Carol Griffiths (Fatih University, Istanbul), and Rebecca Oxford (University of Maryland).
Contributions are invited on the themes such as the following:
- Theoretical foundations of language learning strategies
- Language learning strategies and self-regulation
- Identification of language learning strategies in different contexts
- The role of strategies in learning different language skills and subsystems
- Factors affecting strategy choice and use
- Language learning strategies and proficiency
- Strategies-based instruction
- Methodology of research on language learning strategies
Abstracts of proposed papers, workshops and posters (200-300 words) are to be electronically submitted to to strategieskonin2014[at]gmail[dot]com by 15 April 2014, and notification of acceptance will be given by 30th April 2014. The proposals should include the author’s title, name, affiliation and email address, along with a short (60-80 word) biographical note. Selected papers will be published in a peer-reviewed volume, and the journals Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching, and Konin Language Studies.