Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching are planning a special issue which will focus on the psychology of language learning and teaching. The issue will be guest-edited by Stephen Ryan (Senshu University) and Sarah Mercer (University of Graz).
UPDATE July 2018: This call for papers appears to have been spectactularly successful, led to the publication of two issues (Vol. 5, Issues 2 and 3). I hope you enjoy reading them!
Some themes being considered include:
* autonomy * beliefs * emotions * goal setting * group dynamics *
* motivation * the self * strategies * metacognition *
* willingness to communicate * individual differences *
Theoretical and empirical contributions are invited. Papers tracing connections between these areas and highlight how they interrelate are especially welcome.
Prospective authors are invited to submit a 300-word abstract to Stephen Ryan (ryan[at]isc.senshu-u[dot]ac.jp) by 1 September 2014, where they should outline the content of the contribution and state how it relates to the topics of the journal.
- Deadline for proposals: 1 September 2014
- Deadline for first draft: 5 January 2015
- Deadline for final submissions: 1 March 2015
Image credit: adikos @ flickr ( CC BY).