The 25th Annual Conference of the European Second Language Association (EUROSLA 25) will take place on 27th – 29th August 2015 at Aix-Marisaille University (France). The conference is organised by the Laboratoire Parole et Langage, in association with the Département de français langue étrangère of the Aix-Marseille University). The general theme of the Conference is “Second Language Acquisition: Implications for language sciences”.
Plenary Speakers include:
- Camilla Bardel (Stockholm University)
- Sandra Benazzo (Université Paris 8)
- Christine Dimroth (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster)
- Scott H. Jarvis (Ohio University)
- Gabriele Palloti (Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia)
A doctoral workshop and a Language Learning roundtable will take place prior to the conference, on 26th August 2015. The theme of this year’s roundtable is “SLA and theories of pidginization / creolization”.
Call for Papers
Abstracts (500 words max. exclusive of references) are invited for papers, posters, thematic colloquia and the doctoral workshop. All proposals should refer to original (i.e., not previously presented work), as follows:
- Individual Papers and Posters: each paper will be assigned a 25 minute slot, of which the final five minutes are for discussion.
- Thematic Colloquia, which will focus on specific topics, will span two hours, and should contain a maximum of four presentations. Enough time should be allocated for opening and closing remarks, individual papers, discussants (if included) and general discussion.
- Doctoral Student Workshop: PhD students are invited to present papers focusing on research methodology (data analysis or research design. Students whose abstracts are accepted will be required to send their paper to a senior researcher, who will function as a discussant. After a 10-15 minute presentation by the student, the discussant will lead a 10-15-minute feedback/discussion session.
Authors are asked to submit a maximum of two papers, of which no more than one should be single-authored. However, multiple abstracts may be submitted for poster presentations. Abstracts are to be submitted through the conference website, by 27th February 2015. Additional information about submitting can be found here.
|Abstract submission deadline||27 February 2015|
|Notification of acceptance||24 April 2015|
|Early bird registration opens||27 April 2015|
|Early bird registration deadline (for presenters)||1 June 2015|
|Early bird registration deadline (for delegates)||2 June 2015|
|Full fee registration opens||14 July 2015|