The 13th International Conference of the Association for Language Awareness (ALA 2016) is to be held at the Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien (Vienna) on 19-22 July 2016. The topic of this year’s conference is Languages for Life: Educational, Professional and Social Contexts.
Confirmed plenary speakers include:
- Veronika Koller (Lancaster University)
- Almut Köster (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Aneta Pavlenko (Temple University)
- Dennis Preston (Oklahoma State University) (Eric Hawkins Lecture)
Call for Papers
Proposals are invited for papers and posters reporting on research on language awareness. Proposals focussing on the following themes are especially welcome:
- Language Awareness in Language Learning and Language Teaching
- Language Awareness in the Workplace and Business
- Language Awareness and Awareness of (New/Social) Media and Literacies
- Language Awareness, Intercultural Awareness, Communication Awareness
- Critical Language Awareness
- Awareness and Attitudes concerning Languages and Varieties
Abstracts (300 words max., excl. of references) are to be submitted via EasyChair, by 15th November 2016. Each author is limited to a single-authored paper and one co-authored one. The abstracts will be reviewed anonymously, and notification of acceptance is expected in early 2016.
All abstracts should be written in English, but the actual presentation may also be in other languages. In the event of a non-English contribution, visual support (e.g., PowerPoint slides) should be in English or bilingual; in these contributions, the title of the abstract should be given in the original language, with the English translation in brackets.
Additional information can be found at the conference website, or by emailing the conference organisers at ala2016[at]wu.ac[dot]at.
Featured Image: “das Gebäude der Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien in Wien-Alsergrund” [The Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien building in Vienna-Alsergrund], by Priwo @ Wikipedia, (public domain)