Corpus-assisted Discourse Studies
More than the sum of Discourse Analysis and computing?
Where: University of Bologna, Palazzo Hercolani, Strada Maggiore 45
When: September 13th-14th, 2012
Is CADS a coherent discipline? What are its methods? What are the overall objectives of CADS research(ers)? Has its focus altered over the years and is it likely to alter in the future? And, of course: is it more than just the sum of discourse analysis and computing? If so, what is its added value?
- Michael Hoey (Liverpool),
- Paul Baker (Lancaster),
- Tony McEnery (Lancaster),
- Ramesh Krishnamurthy (Aston),
- Costas Gabrielatos (Lancaster),
- Alan Partington (Bologna)
Proposals are invited for a twenty-minute talk (followed by 10-minute discussion). Abstracts should be sent to catharina.solano2[at]unibo.it, using “CADS conference” as the email subject. The abstracts should be anonymised, and they should not exceed 500 words in length, including references and five keywords. A separate document indicating the researcher’s name and affiliation should also be attached. The number of conference places is limited to 40.
- Deadline for abstract submission: May 7th, 2012.
- Notification of acceptance / non acceptance: May 20th, 2012.
- Registration begins & programme published: May 22nd, 2012.
For further information please contact Anna Marchi (anna.marchi[at]unibo.it)