Classroom-oriented research: Reconciling theory and practice
Konin (Poland), 14-16 October, 2013
The 3rd International Conference on classroom-oriented research will be organised by the Institute of Modern Languages, State School of Higher Professional Education (Konin), the Department of English Studies, Adam Mickiewicz University (Poznań) and the Institute of English Studies, University of Łódź, in collaboration with IATEFL Research SIG. The conference, titled Classroom-oriented research: Reconciling theory and practice, will look into how theory, research and classroom practice can be brought together.
Plenary speakers include:
- Anne Burns (Aston University)
- Jean-Marc Deawale (Birkbeck College, University of London)
- Diane Larsen-Freeman (University of Michigan)
- David Nunan (Anaheim University)
- Norbert Schmitt (University of Nottingham)
- David Singleton (Trinity College, Dublin)
- Paul Meara (Swansea University)
Abstracts for papers (20 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion), workshops (60 minutes) and posters are invited on topics such as:
- theoretical foundations of classroom-oriented research;
- teaching language skills and subsystems;
- developing intercultural competence in the language classroom;
- individual differences and language learning and teaching;
- learner autonomy and language learning strategies;
- classroom interaction and management;
- teachers’ knowledge and beliefs;
- teacher education;
- coursebooks and materials;
- syllabus design;
- assessing second language knowledge;
- methodology of classroom-oriented research;
- disseminating the findings of classroom-oriented research
Interested contributors should submit an abstract (250-300 words), including the title of their contribution, their name, affiliation and e-mail address, and a short biographical note (60-80 words). Abstracts are to be sent to classroomresearch2013[at]gmail[dot]com.
- Abstract submission deadline: 31 May 2013.
- Notifications of acceptance: 30 June 2013.
Additional information will be posted at the conference website. Queries can be addressed to classroomresearch2013[at]gmail[dot]com or to Prof. Mirosław Pawlak, Head of the Organizing Committee (pawlakmi[at]amu.edu[dot]pl).
Image credit: eye/see @ flickr | CC BY-NC-ND