About this post: This is a call for papers for a conference on English as a Lingua Franca (ELF), which took place in 2013. The content of the post is no longer current, and it is retained here for archival purposes only. You can find information about upcoming academic events in this page.
If you have landed on this page looking for information on ELF, the following posts may be of some interest:
New perspectives from ELF
The 6th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca (ELF6) will be held in Rome between the 4th and 7th September 2013. The conference will be organised by Roma Tre University, and will focus on Intercultural Communication, as seen from the perspective of ELF. Some possible topics include:
- ELF and intercultural communication
- Theoretical approaches to ELF
- ELF and language policy
- ELF and language education
- ELF description & corpora
- The Sociolinguistics of ELF
- Contact languages and ELF
- ELF assessment and evaluation
- ELF and multilingualism
- Pedagogical implications for ELF
- ELF learners
Additional information in the conference programme and registration can be found at the conference website (this link is now defunct).