Related content about English as a Lingua Franca (ELF)
Summary of an article about English as a Lingua Franca (Jenks 2013)
English as a Lingua Franca researchers have made multiple, sometimes bold claims about ELF. This post discusses three salient questions about what ELF is, and what it means for language educators.
Intercultural communication: New perspectives from ELF
The 6th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca (ELF6) will be held in Rome between the 4th and 7th September 2013. The conference will be organised by Roma Tre University, and will focus on Intercultural Communication, as seen from the perspective of ELF.
Some possible topics include:
- ELF and intercultural communication
- Theoretical approaches to ELF
- ELF and language policy
- ELF and language education
- ELF description & corpora
- The Sociolinguistics of ELF
- Contact languages and ELF
- ELF assessment and evaluation
- ELF and multilingualism
- Pedagogical implications for ELF
- ELF learners
Additional information about the conference programme and registration can be found at the conference website (this link is now defunct).