Cambridge English Language Assessment have announced their intention to fund various research projects to be conducted in 2014. Applications are invited from educational institutions and individual researchers (not including Doctoral and Masters students) who wish to undertake research relating to the examinations and teaching qualifications offered by Cambridge English.
Areas of interest
Research topics of interest include:
- Test validation
- Contexts of test use
- Test impact
- Learning-oriented assessment
(for a full list of sub-topics within the research area, you may refer to the full Call for Proposals)
Duration and funding
It is envisaged that the project duration will be for 10 months. Funding will be available up to UK£ 2,000, UK£5,000, and UK£15,000 (including institutional overheads) depending on the scope of the project.
- Deadine for proposal submission: 1st October 2013
- Notification of acceptance: 15th October 2013
- Research aggreement & final research design: November 2013
- Start of projects: 1st December 2013
- Interim reports due: 1st May 2014
- Final reports due: 1st October 2014
The proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of topic to Cambridge English and contribution to knowledge more widely
- Sound theoretical basis and evidence of a rigorous research design
- Relevance of researchers’ experience
- Potential for practical outcomes
- Potential for publication.