- Good knowledge of descriptive and applied linguistics;
- Interest in and knowledge of English as a Lingua Franca;
- Experience with or willingness to employ corpus-based research methods;
- Willingness to develop and carry out a PhD project on English as a Lingua Franca;
- Excellent command of German and English (spoken and written);
- Capacity for teamwork, organizational talent, reliability, thoroughness.
Candidates are also advised that “among equally qualified applicants women will receive preferential consideration”, a controversial practice, in my opinion.
Further details about the post (in German and English) are available at the University of Vienna website.